HISTORY & CRITICISM | STUDIO | AFFILIATED | PART-TIME | STAFF
ART HISTORY & CRITICISM FACULTY
Michele H. Bogart
, Ph.D. University of Chicago, Professor, American art and material culture, Early Modern Art and MA/PhD Graduate Program Director.
, Art Gallery Director/Lecturer, Asian Art History, museum studies. M.A. University of Hawaii.
Barbara E. Frank
Ph.D. Indiana University, Associate Professor
, African, African Diaspora, and Mesoamerican
art. Also faculty in Africana Studies and Affiliate in Women's
On leave 2011-2012
, Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley, Lecturer, Ancient, Islamic, and Near Eastern Art and Archaeology.
, Lecturer and Director, Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center, 20th-century art, museum studies. M.A. Case Western Reserve University.
, Ph.D. University of Washington, Professor, Joint Appointment with Theatre, Performance Theory, Theory of Theatre and Performance Art.
, Ph.D. University of British Columbia, Associate Professor.
, Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley. Core Faculty for the Consortium for Digital Arts, Culture, and Technology, Assistant Professor, Digital Visual Culture.
James H. Rubin
, Ph.D. Harvard University, Professor, 18th- and 19th-century European art; art and politics.
Andrew V. Uroskie
Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, Assistant Professor, Late Modern and Contemporary Art, Photography and the Moving Image.
, M.F.A., School of Art and Design, College of Architecture and the Arts, University of Illinois at Chicago. Assistant Professor, Photography
, M.A. City College of New York, Professor and Coordinator of Studio Programs, Ceramics, ceramic sculpture and drawing.
, M.A. City College of New York, Associate Professor and Director for Media Minor
, Electronic media, photography, video art.
M.F.A. Maryland Institute College of Art,
M.F.A. University of California, San Diego,
Associate Professor and Digital Studios Director, Electronic installation,
digital media, video art. Affiliate in Women's Studies
and Cultural Studies.
On leave 2011-2012
M.F.A. California College of Arts and Crafts, Professor and Undergraduate Program Director, Printmaking.
M.F.A. Hochschule der Kunst Berlin. Professor, Sculpture, installation and public art.
Melvin H. Pekarsky
M.A. Northwestern University. Emeritus Professor, Drawing, painting, theory, and public art.
- Megan Craig, Ph.D. New School for Social Research. Assistant Professor of Philosophy.
- Raiford Guins, Ph.D. University of Leeds. Assistant Professor of Comparative Literary and Cultural Studies.
Core Faculty for the Consortium for Digital Arts, Culture, and Technology.
- Adrienne Munich, Ph.D. City University of New York.
Professor of English, Women's Studies, and Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies.
Hugh J. Silverman
, Ph.D. Stanford University. Professor of Philosophy and Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies.
- Perry Brooks, Ph.D. Columbia University, Adjunct Lecturer, Art History and Criticism
, M.F.A. Stony Brook University. Adjunct Lecturer, Digital Arts.
- Jason Paradis, Adjunct Lecturer, Drawing. M.F.A. Stony Brook University.
- Lorena Salcedo-Watson,
MFA Stony Brook University. Adjunct Lecturer, Printmaking and Lithography.
M.F.A. Brooklyn College. Visiting Artist, Drawing and painting.
- Jenny Moreschi, Secretary
- Ruby Jackson, Assistant to the Director, Pollock-Krasner House & Study Center
- Gwen Coady, Part-time Secretary.
- Dan Richholt, M.F.A., Stony Brook University. Technical Specialist, Sculpture Facilities.
- Lisa Perez, Graduate Coordinator and Secretary to the Chair.
- Edward Quinn, Assistant to the Chair
- Laura Sisti, Assistant to the Chair.
Graduation and Senior Show, 2009
URECA Exhibition reception, 2007
Jowy Romano and President Kenny
URECA Exhibition, 2005
e_streams reception, 2003